Do you want to learn how to pitch your story to a journalist and get your work recognised in the press?
In this informal panel discussion, journalists from the national and local press explain how to secure press coverage for your business. Our panel of regional and national journalists will lift the lid on what they look for, how and when to approach them and how to get covered by their publications .
This is your opportunity to get a rare, meet the press and get a behind-the-byline glimpse at what journalists are looking for before we open the floor to questions.
Trish Halpin – editor, Marie Claire
Jason Rosam – presenter, BBC Radio London
Chantal Borciani – editor, Time & Leisure’s Wimbledon, Wandsworth & Putney edition
Toby Porter – journalist, South London Press
Chair: Victoria Stewart – journalist, the Evening Standard and various other national publications
This event will cover:
How the press and media operate, and how journalists find stories
- The importance of strong storytelling in securing press coverage
- How to think creatively about your business/client
- What journalists and editors are looking for
- The dos and don’ts of working with the media
- How to build strong relationships with journalists and editors